Are you facing an unwanted pregnancy? Our office can help. We offer pregnancy termination services in Minneapolis, MN to help you get your life back on track.
If you are still early in your pregnancy, we can administer the abortion pill, RU-486. This form of medical abortion has a relatively high success rate with typically minimal side effects.
Our office can also provide first and second trimester abortions. These can be performed up to 20 weeks after your last menstrual period.
If you have any questions or would like more information about our pregnancy termination services, please call us at (612) 870-1334 . Our staff would be happy to provide you the information you need. You can also call today if you’d like to go ahead and schedule your first appointment.
Prepare for your appointment:
1. Bring a photo ID that verifies your name and birth-date. Bring your insurance/medical assistance card.
2. Eat a light breakfast 1 hour before your appointment. Drink 2 liters of water the day before your appt. and 1 liter starting the morning of.
3. Take a shower and clean the genital area with soap and water the morning of your appointment.
4. Wear a short sleeve top, comfortable clothing, and regular underwear (no thongs)
5. Plan to spend 4-6 hours in the clinic. Inform whomever you are bringing with so they can plan their day accordingly. Your appointment will consist of several steps including paper work, lab work, ultrasound, counseling, the procedure and recovery time, which put together can create a longer day.
6. We do not allow any food in the lobby. We do provide hard candy while you wait.
7. Nothing in the vagina for 4 days prior to your appointment ( no tampons, vaginal medications or intercourse)
8. No children are allowed in the clinic but you may bring one adult person to wait with you in the lobby. This person must have a photo ID with them.
9. If you would like IV sedation, you must have a driver/ride home.
If you are under the age of 18:
There are three ways to access a legal abortion:
1. Provide a birth certificate and photo ID AND a notarized letter signed by the parents listed on your birth certificate. The notarized letter must say that the parents are aware of or consent to the abortion and must be dated 48 hours prior to the appointment date.
2. Provide a birth certificate and photo ID with the parents listed on your birth certificate present in the office with their IDs AND a note (not notarized) signed by parents saying they are aware of their child’s pregnancy and abortion.
3. Judicial Bypass.
This is an option if you can not or do not want to notify the people listed on your birth certificate. When you schedule your appointment with our clinic, you will be provided with the contact information for the court and will have to set up an appointment with them. You will come to the clinic at your appt. time and will be directed from there to court. You will appear in front of a judge who will determine if it is in your best interest to proceed with the abortion without notifying your parents. We will help you prepare for a successful encounter.